phil-aux-oeufs
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
phil-aux-oeufs

qui de la poule ou de l'oeuf est né le premier?

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

coup de coeur NORAH JONES

3 participants
AuteurMessage
amine

amine

coup de coeur  NORAH JONES Empty
MessageSujet: coup de coeur NORAH JONES   coup de coeur  NORAH JONES EmptyMar 26 Déc 2006 - 17:03

coup de coeur  NORAH JONES Norah%20Jones%20-%20Bimbo%20-%20Front

Norah Jones (born Geethali Norah Jones Shankar on March 30, 1979) is an American singer, songwriter, pianist, and occasional actress. Jones's career was launched with her massively successful 2002 debut album Come Away with Me, a contemporary pop album with a sensual, plaintive soul/folk/country tinge, that sold 20 million copies worldwide and received eight Grammy Awards, including Jones's award as Best New Artist. Jones's second album, Feels like Home, was released in 2004 to high sales. In 2006 she released an album as part of the country band The Little Willies.

Education and musical influences
Norah Jones was born Geethali Norah Jones Shankar in New York City, New York, but later changed her name officially to Norah Jones at age 16. She is the daughter of the Indian sitar maestro Ravi Shankar and Sue Jones, and is the half-sister of musician Anoushka Shankar, Ravi Shankar's daughter from his second marriage. She spent her childhood with her mother, who moved to Dallas, Texas, when Norah was four. She has always liked the music of Bill Evans and Billie Holiday among others from the 'oldies' section. Norah has had a profound appreciation for the music and finds it intriguing and relieving. She has been quoted as saying, "My mom had this eight-album Billie Holiday set, I picked out one disc that I liked and played that over and over again; 'You Go to My Head', that was my favorite..."

Jones began singing in church choirs, taking piano lessons, and even briefly trying out the alto saxophone. She attended Interlochen Arts Camp, Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in Dallas, Texas, and the University of North Texas, where she majored in jazz piano, and won Best Student Music Awards for Best Jazz Vocalist (twice, in 1996 and 1997) and Best Original Composition (1996). In 1999, two years into the program, Norah left for New York City.

Career and accolades
Jones played with numerous artists and bands including Wax Poetic and the Peter Malick Group. Jones performed quite frequently with guitarist Charlie Hunter in 2001 and appeared on Outkast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below album in a duet with André 3000 in 2003. While Jones is best-known for her sultry-yet-powerful vocal style, often compared to that of Billie Holiday or Nina Simone, her abilities as a jazz pianist have likewise been celebrated. On January 19, 2003 Jones appeared as a guest on Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz on NPR performing jazz standards including "September in the Rain" and "I Can't Get Started", and later that year she appeared with McPartland again at the Tanglewood Jazz Festival, performing more standards such as "Lover Man" and "Walking My Baby Back Home". She has performed at the New Orleans Jazz Festival in both 2004 and 2005.

Her debut album, Come Away with Me, debuted in February 2002 and was instantly celebrated for its blending of mellow, acoustic pop with soul and country. It hit number one on the U.S. Billboard 200, with single "Don't Know Why" hitting number one on the Top 40 Adult Recurrents in 2003.

Jones walked away from the Grammy Awards of 2003 with eight awards. By receiving "Record of the Year", "Album of the Year", "Song of the Year", and "Best New Artist" honors all in 2003, Jones was the first artist to sweep the "Big Four", or the four most prestigious Grammy awards, since Christopher Cross did so in the Grammy Awards of 1981. The "Song of the Year" award went to Jesse Harris for writing "Don't Know Why", but because Jones performed the song, she is associated with winning "Song of the Year" as well. Of the eight awards that came from Come Away with Me at the 2003 Grammy Awards, Jones personally received five awards with the other three awards attributed to the album itself. "Don't Know Why" was also performed on an episode of Sesame Street, in which Norah changed the lyrics to "Don't know why Y didn't come" and thereby introduced the letter Y to the young audience.

Her second album, Feels like Home, was released on February 9, 2004. Rather than repeat the softer, jazz mood of Come Away with Me, her second album was influenced by country music. Within a week of its release, Feels like Home had sold over a million copies, making it the highest-selling album in the history of Blue Note Records. In that same year, Time magazine listed Jones among the most influential people of 2004.

Jones received three awards at the Grammy Awards of 2005, two for her "Record of the Year" collaboration with Ray Charles on the song "Here We Go Again". That year, Norah Jones appeared on the self-titled record by Amos Lee.

In the latter part of 2003, rumours emerged that veteran Indian filmmaker Dev Anand was planning to make the film Song of Life, inspired by Norah Jones's troubled relationship with her father, Ravi Shankar. Both Jones and Shankar were enraged by the rumors and Jones's comments were, "He [Anand] has no idea of our story, and he's not going to represent it in a truthful way, I'm sure. It's sad because it's personal stuff and nobody's business but ours."

Norah Jones also collaborated with the Foo Fighters on their 2005 record In Your Honor, singing vocals with Dave Grohl on "Virginia Moon". The song was nominated for a "Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal" in 2006.

In February 2006, Screen International reported that Norah Jones would make her acting debut in a film by 2046 and Chungking Express director Wong Kar-wai. The film called My Blueberry Nights, would be Wong Kai-wai's English language debut and will be partly funded by StudioCanal and Jet Tone Productions.

Her third album, entitled "Not Too Late," is set to be released by Blue Note Records on January 30th, 2007.

Awards

Norah Jones has won multiple awards, most noticeably her Grammy Awards

These are Jones' Grammy Awards:

2003 "Best Pop Vocal Album" - Come Away with Me
2003 "Album of the Year" - Come Away with Me
2003 "Record of the Year" - "Don't Know Why"
2003 "Best Female Pop Vocal Performance" - "Don't Know Why"
2003 "Best New Artist"
2005 "Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals" - "Here We Go Again" (with Ray Charles)
2005 "Best Female Pop Vocal Performance" - "Sunrise"
2005 "Record of the Year" - "Here We Go Again" (with Ray Charles)

son prochain album Not Too Late sortira 30/01/ 2007
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
angel
Admin
angel

MessageSujet: Re: coup de coeur NORAH JONES   coup de coeur  NORAH JONES EmptyMar 26 Déc 2006 - 17:15

Citation :
son prochain album Not Too Late sortira 30/01/ 2007

ah c'est trés bientot j'espere qu'elle gardera le meme niveau .
merci pour cet article
https://phil-aux-oeufs.superforum.fr
amine

amine

MessageSujet: Re: coup de coeur NORAH JONES   coup de coeur  NORAH JONES EmptyMar 26 Déc 2006 - 17:25

y a pas de quoi Smile
j'ai pas trouvé la traduction et je manque de temp pour le faire
anywhere

anywhere

MessageSujet: Re: coup de coeur NORAH JONES   coup de coeur  NORAH JONES EmptyMer 27 Déc 2006 - 15:57

J’aime bien écouté norah jones ma meilleur chanson c’est ( The long day is over ) albino
amine

amine

MessageSujet: Re: coup de coeur NORAH JONES   coup de coeur  NORAH JONES EmptyVen 29 Déc 2006 - 22:30

moi j'aime tout ce que cette fille fait, mais certainnement j'ai des préférences : Sunrise , What am i to you , The long Way home, it's not you baby it's me ( de son dernier album avec les Little Willies ) et beaucoups d'autres chasons,
en grosso - modo j'adore ttes ses chansons Smile
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: coup de coeur NORAH JONES   coup de coeur  NORAH JONES Empty

coup de coeur NORAH JONES
Page 1 sur 1